November 12, 2021
Dear Blowing Rock Homeowners,
We are honored to announce the addition of 5 new members who have joined our Board of Trustees.
With these additional board members we now have 25 leaders from our community who are dedicated to the mission of Blowing Rock Civic Association. The common denominator of our board is our love of Blowing Rock and the belief that working together with the community leaders we can insure that our shared vision for the future of Town of Blowing Rock is one of a vibrant mountain resort community that welcomes all with its charming authenticity and unique sense of place.
Please join us in welcoming our new trustees, Robert Arey, Tom Barrett, Steve Kimsey, Hunt Shuford and Tom Ross. You can read their bios and those of the entire Board of Trustees at https://www.brcivic.org/board-of-directors/
To better improve our communications, we plan to implement a survey process to allow you to express views and concerns. We are a member driven organization dedicated to insure our homeowners have a voice in the future of Blowing Rock.
2022 will be a watershed year for Blowing Rock as the Town Council sorts out major decisions that will determine the long term vision of Main Street. Hopefully our community be included in the process to set the vision for Main Street and all of Downtown.
Years of planning by the Town are coming together requiring significant decisions in 2022 to implement inter-related projects around the planned W&S project in 2023. These projects and factors include:
- Main Street W&S replacement in 2023
- Relocate Overhead Utilities with W&S project
- Implement Sustainable Tourism Plan recommendations for parking and changes to the Main Street hardscape
- Update the Land Use Code for West Main Street to retain the authenticity of Main Street as recommended by the 2014 Comprehensive Plan
- Update the Land Use Code for other Downtown districts to encourage re-development that matches the distinct differences of each district
Hopefully, the Town Council will use this opportunity bring the homeowners and business owners together with the Town Council to develop a Downtown Vision that will excite and unify our community.