All – The Blowing Rock Town Council will conduct an important public hearing Tuesday night April 9th. at 6:00 P.M. at Town Hall as part of a Conditional Use Permit process to approve, deny or approve with conditions a proposed downtown hotel. YOUR ATTENDANCE AT THIS HEARING IS IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS PROPOSED PROJECT. Important pertinent facts concerning this proposed hotel are:
1. The developer plans for this facility to contain 40 hotel rooms.
2. The developer proposes a restaurant and bar with patio seating at the hotel.
3. The developer proposes 53 parking places on site.
4. The developer proposes THAT THE PRIMARY TRAFFIC ENTRANCE TO THE HOTEL WILL BE FROM MORNINGSIDE DRIVE.
5. The developer proposes THAT A SECONDARY TRAFFIC ENTRANCE TO THE HOTEL WILL BE FROM RAINEY STREET.
6. The hotel building will reach an estimated height of 60 feet above Highway 221 making it very prominent in downtown Blowing Rock.
7. The public will be able to speak on this project under oath because it is a quasi judicial process. Expert evidence is the focus of the process which can include observations about traffic, safety and other relevant matters.
See the Blowing Rock Town Website for the Tuesday meeting agenda and Town Land Use Code for more detailed information.